A few days ago, on the 20th of July, I turned 30 years old! I’ve officially entered into the next decade and big chapter of my life, and I couldn’t be more excited about what’s to come. Your 20’s are fun and all, but I feel like your 30’s is when you really start to experience the fruit of your labor and hardwork, and moreso, I can’t wait to have a family and experience motherhood. Still a couple of years until that will happen, but knowing that it’s just around the corner is so exciting for me.
I also wanted to say a huge thank you for all the kind birthday wishes on my Instagram. You guys are amazing and I am so so grateful to have you all in my life ♥ To celebrate my 30th birthday, I thought it would be fun to sit down and share 30 things I’ve learned so far, lessons, experiences and things I feel to be true for my life. You can watch the video below, and I’ve also summarized the points here in this post in case you prefer to read (or get a recap at the end of the video). Hope you enjoy!
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE
Here’s a quick summarized version of what we discussed in the video:
2. Life is short, but life is also long, so never ever settle for anything – a job, a relationship, a living situation, even a state of mind.. you deserve the BEST.
3. The true key to a healthy, happy, toned body is a good diet, regular exercise (both cardio and strength training) and lifestyle. There is no shortcut / no quick fix. People might want to sell you supplements, detoxes, strange diets, and yes sometimes they will make you lose weight, but easy come, easy go. Think of your diet and fitness routines as a healthy lifestyle that you can sustain long term.
4. If you don’t know what you want to do in life, ask yourself, how can I help others? What can I do, with my unique abilities to help someone else or to enrich their lives? Through art? Fitness? A certain product? How can you better the lives of others? Find that and do that!
5. Forgiveness is important, and true ‘deep-down-in-your-heart-and-soul’ forgiveness. Not for the other person, but for yourself. When you truly forgive someone, you let yourself off the hook.
6. How you spend your time matters, what you listen to matters, what you read matters, what you watch matters, who you spend your time with matters. If you want a healthy productive mind and future, you have to surround yourself with positivity, love and greatness.
7. Be financially independent. This is especially true to all young women reading, earn your own money, have savings, and do not rely on anyone else for your own needs.
8. Self care is not a luxury, it is so important to fill up your own cup, so you can give to others. You cannot give to others what you do not already have yourself.
9. Vegetables and greens are GOOOD! Through all the diets that exist, however different they are, the one thing they all agree on is the power of wholefood veggies and greens.
10. Repetition is so powerful. If you ever want to learn something new, develop a new habit, succeed at anything in life, just keep repeating it over and over. Your talent will sharpen and though repetition, your brain forms neuropathways that strengthen each time – “Neurons that fire together, wire together”.
11. ACTION IS KING! You can motivate yourself all you want, but you have to take massive action. Don’t worry about perfectionism, adjust, be flexible, but take action. And when you move into action, when you have that momentum, the world starts to move with you, and cooperate with you.
12. There is power in vulnerability, open up, explore yourself, cry if you need to. Let emotions come and go.
13. Every day is a chance to start over, to be better, to do better.
14. The key to glowing clear skin, is good lifestyle and a great skincare routine = they go hand in hand.
15. Anything you can imagine in your mind, you can create in reality. A job, a relationship, an experience, a person = use your imagination, it’s one of the most powerful tools you’ve got. See yourself there and bring it to you.
16. In moments of stress or anxiety, find your breath. Let it anchor you, follow it as you feel yourself returning to a more balanced state.
17. People will come and go in your life, but the person who will always always be there till the day you die, is you = nurture this relationship. It’s one of the most special ones you will ever have, know yourself, care for yourself, be there for yourself.
18. By connecting, and knowing ourselves better, we can connect better with others. Knowing ourselves allows us to develop empathy and compassion for others.
19. Travel to a LOT, and be open minded, learn from different cultures, traditions, people. Experience and see things, it will deepen your soul and enrich your life.
20. Everyone you meet is fighting their own battles, or going through their own stressful moments that we know nothing about. Be kind and show love always.
21. Drinking lots of water is so good, and so important for your body! We are made up of around 75% water, every cell, system and organ requires H20, so make sure you’re keeping the supply fresh 🙂
22. Stillness and silence can bring a lot to your life. Tune in and listen for the messages.
23. It’s ok that things don’t always work out like you planned or hoped for. Trust there’s something even better waiting for you. Have unwavering faith that everything will work out. Like the kind of faith that nobody can shake. Believe so hard in yourself, and always keep that peacefulness in your soul knowing that everything is always working out for your best self.
24. Life is not always love and bliss, there are times it can feel like a truck drove through your chest, and it hurts…but it’s ok. Everyone struggles from time to time, and this too shall pass.
25. Have a plan, a vision or a roadmap of what you want your life to be, and write it down. Don’t always worry about the HOW but just know WHERE you want to go and be.
26. Talent or smarts is not what sets people apart, it’s their drive, their energy, their willingness to get back up after a failure or a setback = that’s it! Those who keep pursuing, keep consistent and keep reaching for their dreams are the ones who get it.
27. Appearances matter, so invest in yourself and take care of yourself. That doesn’t mean spending a ton of money, but dress and make yourself look a way that makes you feel good, because when you feel good, you do good.
28. Family is important, really important. Invest in those relationships and keep those who you love close, and show them how much you love and appreciate them.
29. Do something you LOVE and choose a career that makes you happy! Whatever that is, don’t do anything for the money, because ironically, the money will come when you find that special thing you would do for free 🙂
30. Always strive to be the BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF. It’s ok to get inspiration from other people, but don’t go down the rabbit of comparing yourself to others. Have an ideal in your mind, and follow her. We might not always get it right or perfect, but it’s good to have a north star to reach towards.
Which of these truths resonate most with you? I’d love to know in the comments or over on my Instagram! ♥