As summer comes to an end, another beautiful season approaches, FALL! I love long summer days and endless sunshine, but there’s something so magical about this new season, seeing the colors of the leaves change and gently shed to the ground, temperatures drop and we all get a bit cozier and cuddlier and the return of hot teas keeping our hands and hearts warm as we go about our days.
To welcome this new season, I am showing you a beautiful makeup look perfect for this time of year, with a luxurious twist. This classic look featuring nude lips and a soft golden glittery eye flatters every skin tone and face shape. The touch of glitter on the center of the lid and deeper smoked out lower lash line create mystery and perfectly compliments the fall season. Wear this makeup look with warm nude cozy knits, a pair of denim jeans, a beige scarf and brown boots.
Step 1: SKIN
– I love prepping my skin before makeup by exfoliating and applying a good moisturizer – it makes a world of difference to how smooth and evenly the makeup goes on!
– Apply a light layer of foundation to even out your skin tone. I used the Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation which instantly blurs fine lines and pores, and has beautiful long wear coverage without feeling too heavy or cakey. It is flawless skin in a bottle!
– I then conceal and brighten any darkness underneath my eyes with a concealer. I will also take this around the base of my nose and between my brows to highlight these areas as well.
– Set your concealer and foundation with a loose powder. I used the Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder which is a universal 100% talc free weightless setting powder with light-reflecting particles that instantly blur imperfections for a invisible, natural skin finish.
– Warm up and add dimension to your face by sweeping a bronzer and a touch of luminous blush up and outward on your cheeks. This will add a beautiful pop of healthy color to your skin.
Step 2: EYES
– Using a fluffy brush, sweep the same bronzer in the crease to add natural dimension and shadow there – this will also provide a great base for the following eyeshadows!
– Taking a deeper burnt orange / brown shade, run it under your lower lash line to create depth, this will also make your lower lashes look fuller.
– Using a deep purple or black eyeshadow and a flat angled brush, line your upper lash line. This is a softer way of lining your eyes and looks beautiful for an every day look.
– Make your eyes pop with a touch of sparkle. I used the Tom Ford Shadow Extreme in “Gold Glitter”, and with my finger, pressed it onto the center of my lid, and softly blended outward. These single eye shadows are long wearing and ultra-pigmented!
– Finish the eyes by applying a few coats of your favorite mascara!
Step 3: LIPS
– Line your lips with a nude lip liner for the perfect lipstick base. If you want to make your lips look fuller, take the lip liner on the very edge of your natural lip line and softly blend to create the illusion of more voluminous lips.
– Apply a comfortable long wear nude lipstick. I used the Givenchy Le Rouge Liquide in “N100 Nude Tweed” which is a soft velvet cream liquid lipstick packed with intense color and hydration. It’s also got a fun new component that looks like a classic Givenchy lipstick bullet but instead is a twist pen foam applicator.
Step 4: FINAL TOUCHES
– Mist your skin with a light setting spray to softly blend and set the makeup in place for the day
– Apply a fresh uplifting fragrance to invigorate your senses and mood. I used the Atelier Cologne Clémentine California Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume. This bright & sparkling blend is reminiscent of a sunny drive down the California coast line with notes of clementine, mandarin, juniper berries and star anise. It carries a touch of summer into the fall ♥