I love my neutrals on a day to day basis, but there’s something so classic and timeless about a winged liner and a bold red lip! This type of makeup can instantly dress up any look and works beautifully for both day and night. Plus it’s actually quite simple and straightforward to create – effortless and classic! Follow my tips below to achieve this look!
Step 1: THE PERFECT BASE
Fun fact, I am obsessed with base products! Primers, foundations, concealers, powders are some of my favorite categories when it comes to makeup. I love finding products that perfect the skin, smooth texture, but still look natural and life-like on the skin.
– Make sure your skin is exfoliated and moisturized before applying any makeup.
– Apply a primer to prep for your foundation. I used the Guerlain L’Or Radiance Primer, which is a radiant primer containing pure gold complexion-perfecting flecks! It smooths fine lines and provides an even finish for makeup application.
– I also like to prime my lips so they’re nice and moisturized by the time I get to lipstick. I used the Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm in Pink Glow. It’s a moisturizing balm that brings out the natural color of your own lips – so pretty!
– Apply a light layer of foundation to even out and perfect the skintone. I used the Giorgio Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Foundation, a red carpet classic as it works great with flash photography. It’s a lightweight, medium coverage liquid foundation with a beautiful radiant finish.
– I then went in with a concealer to brighten and highlight my under-eyes, around the base of my nose and between my brows.
– Then set the skin with a loose setting powder! I like to focus this under the eyes and in my t-zone.
– Apply some bronzer, a pop of blush and highlight and the skin is complete.
Step 2: DEFINE YOUR EYES
Here’s another fun fact, I love using face products on my eyes too! The colors are always complimentary and I love a good double usage item.
– Using a fluffy brush, apply bronzer in the crease in a window wiper motion. Also take this under the eyes on the lower lash line.
– Apply some highlight to the inner corners of the eyes. If you want an extra glowy look, sweep on to center of eyelids too.
– Line your eyes with a liquid liner pen and apply a few coats of mascara.
Step 3: THE PERFECT RED LIP
I love a good nude lip color on an everyday basis – but there’s something so fun and feminine about a bold red lip. It can instantly dress up any look and it’s an all time classic!
– Line your lips with either a nude or red lip liner to prevent the lipstick from smudging around the edges
– Apply a matte red lipstick. I used the Givenchy Le Rouge Matte Lipstick in Rose Stiletto N329. It’s a super pigmented matte lipstick yet the formula is non drying so it still feels comfortable on the lips. I like to use a lip brush as well to perfect the outer edges.
Table setting for the brunch!