Hi beautiful! Today I have another healthy skin post, but this time working from the inside out! Our diet is a vital component in keeping our skin healthy, clear, even toned and glowing. The nutrients found in fruits and vegetables are buzzing with anti-inflammatory agents, phytonutrients, minerals and vitamins which act like little skin-superheros! And juicing is a great way to consume a wide variety of fruits and vegetables to supercharge your body.
When it comes to juicing, I don’t tend to follow a “strict” recipe. I love my greens (spinach, cucumber, celery etc…) and always mix it in with a few apples, lemon and ginger for a sweet taste. Below is a picture of the ingredients I used this morning. It tastes so good (for real), and it is packed with healthy nutrients, enzymes and super detoxing & energizing components.
Recently I’ve been making one 20 oz jar of green juice (pictured below) which I have in the mornings, and then I make another jar usually of carrot, lemon, ginger which I’ll have in the afternoon – early evening time. Making two juices in one go saves a lot of clean up time!
– High in carotenes, amino acids, iron, iodine, potassium and magnesium, Vitamins A, C, K, E and B complex
– Contains anti-inflammatory & anti-cancer agents
– It is alkaline, thus helps regulate your body’s natural pH level
– High in protein (you get the same amount of protein from a bunch of spinach as you would obtain from a morsel of meat)
– Aids in digestion (naturally gets things moving)
– The minerals and essential oils in celery juice have a calming effect on the nervous system
This herb goes deep into our tissues and removes heavy metal buildups. “The chemical compounds in cilantro actually bind to the heavy metals, loosening them from the tissues, blood and organs. Cilantro’s chemical compounds then aid to transport these harmful substances out of the body through elimination.”, RawLivingFoods.tumblr.com
– Highly anti-inflammatory & rich in antioxidants
– Contains protective agents against bacterial infection
– Promotes healthy liver function
– Helps to even skin tone and clear dark spots
– Improves absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body
– Promotes tranquility if feeling nauseous or have an upset stomach
– Contains chromium, magnesium and zinc which can help to improve blood flow, as well as help prevent chills, fever, and excessive sweat
Do you guys do any juicing? If so, what has your experience been and what do you typically like to juice? Let me know in the comments! XOXO