Hi beautiful, I have a new health video up! As mentioned in my May Favorites video, I love finding healthy alternatives for popular foods, and a lot of you said you’d like to see a whole video on it, so here it is! I hope you find this helpful 🙂 Feel free to leave any healthy swaps you’ve made below in the comments XOXO
- Whole wheat toast
- Sprouted grain toast
- Rice cakes
- Toppings like
- hummus (& turkey)
- banana and cinnamon
- peanut butter (freshly ground)
- sliced tomato, smoked salmon and lemon juice
Avocado on toast is so good!
I also like to eat avocados alone as a snack
Hummus with veggies is also delicious!
This is as good as desert!
Warm it up on a pan for more goodness
- Sliced fruit
- Natural candy (found at health food stores)
Replace candy & sweets with real fruit!
- Quinoa pasta
- Brown rice pasta
- Plain quinoa
- Wild rice
Brown and wild rice is yum and so much healthier than white
- Freshly made juices & smoothies (including leafy greens like kale & spinach)
- Tea (green, berry, herbal, vanilla…)
- Water! 🙂
Two machines worth investing in!
The NutriBullet is a dream come true, I use mine daily
With sweet potato!
You guys must try sweet potato if you haven’t already! So nice and sweet
5 More Healthy Swaps!
1. Potato chips – FOR – Apple chips (baked) / chips made from beans or chick peas (hummus chips)
2. Beef burgers – FOR – Veggie burgers
3. Dairy ice cream – FOR – Coconut milk ice cream / fresh fruit ice cream lollies (home-made)
4. Red meat – FOR – Lean white meat: fish, turkey, chicken
5. Milkshakes – FOR – Freshly made fruit smoothies (no protein powders etc – just real fruit)
- Make sure to drink lots of water (but avoid drinking too much during meals, as it dilutes your saliva – which can cause digestive problems)
- Shop smart and keep good food at home
- Eat good fats like avocado and nuts
- If you just eat clean & healthy you don’t have to worry about calories – real food passes through you fast