Hi beautiful! Hope you’re day is going good. As mentioned in my February Favorites, I’ve been loving UV nail polishes for the past few months. I love having my nails done at all times, and coming across this polish, which is pretty much indestructible, has been amazing! I feel like this deserves a little blog post for itself simply because it lasts for about two weeks, and looks fab.
The range of colors available for shellac at my nail place is pretty limited so I haven’t tried out too many. My favorite one however, is definitely “Decadence” which is the one I’m wearing in the pictures shown above. It’s this gorgeous deep red wine color. I’ve had this color a few times and I adore it. Another nice red is called “Wildfire” which is more of a lighter, orangey toned red. I also like “Gotcha” which is a really pretty nudey pink color (not as bright as it appears in picture below).
- Long lasting (10-14 days no chipping)
- Super shiny and glossy color
- Allows your nails to grow out
- Doesn’t damage your nail as there’s no buffing of the nail involved
- Resembles regular polish (doesn’t look “thick” on your nail like traditional gel polishes)
- More pricey than a regular manicure
- It holds differently on everyone’s nails (for me it lasts a long time, but on my cousin for instance, it peels off within a few days so it depends on your nail type)
- It takes about 5-10 minutes to soak off
- Color range isn’t the best (but they have the classics!)
In my opinion, the pro’s outweigh the con’s, but this is because the shellac holds really well on my nail type. As mentioned, my cousin (and two other friends of mine) cannot wear this for more than a few days as it peels off, so either it will be a major hit or a miss. I recommend trying it and see how it holds! 🙂 I don’t think I’ll go back to wearing regular nail polish any time soon because it’s a hassle when it chips after just 1-2 days. My uber stylish mom (who does dishes every night) loves it too 🙂 I hope they come out with some new colors soon!
Have you guys tried it? How does it hold on your nails? Let me know in the comments below! XOXO
P.S. For those of you wondering, this is not a sponsored post! Get my shellac done at a nail salon by my apartment 🙂