Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend 🙂 Just uploaded a new video talking to you about my favorite natural face mask using raw honey! Honey is very powerful as it contains lots of great enzymes, vitamins and anti septic properties that are great for the skin. It’s also amazing to, of course, eat honey as well, but I unfortunately still haven’t found a love for the taste! Maybe one day 🙂 But for now, I apply it directly to my face and it does wonders!
This jar of honey I use is called “Really Raw Honey” and it’s about $10 for 1lb! It lasts me a good six months, so it’s really inexpensive and works just as good as the high-end face masks (possibly even better) and you don’t have to worry about harsh chemicals, fragrances and irritants.
It’s important to use raw honey in particular because that means it hasn’t been heated or processed, so it still contains all its essential nutrients and enzymes (which are usually destroyed otherwise when heated and processed).
Summary of a few of the benefits of raw honey for the skin:
– It has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties (great for healing cuts and burns and killing bacteria)
– It’s packed with nutrients and minerlas such as vitamin B, iron, calcium…
– It contains gluconic acid, a mild alpha hydroxy acid which brightens the complexion
– It has a pH level of 4.5 so it falls within the skin’s natural healthy range
– When mixed with water, it releases peroxide properties which helps heal acne and prevent bacterial growth
– It acts as a humectant, drawing moisture into the skin
Raw honey can also be used as a face cleanser for those of you looking for a natural alternative. (Just apply a teaspoon of honey to your finger tips and use as a regular cleanser onto damp skin.)
The best thing is that it’s both exfoliating and moisturizing! Been doing this for years and I definitely recommend it if you haven’t tried it out yet! What are some of your favorite DIY face masks? Share with me below! XOXO