Good morning ladies! It’s another gorgeous day here in New York and I can’t wait to go outside and enjoy the sun. I’ve been starting my mornings with this light breakfast combo for the past few days and I love it! Freshly cut watermelon and a super healthy smoothie. I have similar a smoothie recipe post that can be found here. This keeps me full till lunch time when I usually eat something with carbs (whole wheat pasta, chicken, wild rice with veggies etc) and then for dinner I try to have something lean. A tip is to have your “heavy” foods early in the day, and eat leaner and leaner as the day progresses – that way your body has time to digest and use up the energy from the food before sleeping.
I tend to ‘wake up’ in front of YouTube, sure I’m not the only one right? 🙂
These are the ingredients I’ve been blending up recently:
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen blueberries
- 1/2 Scoop of Raw Meal (100% raw & organic)
- Coconut & almond milk
The other day I was watching Dr.Oz (love him!) and he was talking about the health benefits of watermelon. Here’s a little summary 🙂
- They contain a lot of vitamins and antioxidants that are great for boosting your immune system
- The beta-carotene and lycopene found in watermelon helps fight cancers
- The powerful antioxidants help neutralize free radicals
- It’s high water content provides fat burning benefits by helping your metabolism work more efficiently
So I picked up an organic medium sized one for just a few dollars and have been enjoying it so much. It’s so sweet and delicious. I recommend cutting it all up and storing it in a tupperware in your fridge for easy snacking. Great alternative for desert since they’re so sweet. Pretty much the ultimate summer food!