This jar of honey I use is called "Really Raw Honey" and it's about $10 for 1lb! It lasts me a good six months, so it's really inexpensive and works just as good as the high-end face masks (possibly even better) and you don't have to worry about harsh chemicals, fragrances and irritants.
Summary of a few of the benefits of raw honey for the skin:
- It has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties (great for healing cuts and burns and killing bacteria)
- It's packed with nutrients and minerlas such as vitamin B, iron, calcium...
- It contains gluconic acid, a mild alpha hydroxy acid which brightens the complexion
- It has a pH level of 4.5 so it falls within the skin's natural healthy range
- When mixed with water, it releases peroxide properties which helps heal acne and prevent bacterial growth
- It acts as a humectant, drawing moisture into the skin
Raw honey can also be used as a face cleanser for those of you looking for a natural alternative. (Just apply a teaspoon of honey to your finger tips and use as a regular cleanser onto damp skin.)
The best thing is that it's both exfoliating and moisturizing! Been doing this for years and I definitely recommend it if you haven't tried it out yet! What are some of your favorite DIY face masks? Share with me below! XOXO