"Do you have any tips on how to prevent dark under eye circles?"
1. Sleep, sleep SLEEP! :) I try to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night.
2. If you tend to wake up with puffy / swollen eyes, put two small spoons in the freezer before you go to bed and in the morning, place the cold spoons over your eyes and relax for a few minutes. This will help de-puff the eyes, increase circulation and make you look awake.
3. Puffy eyes can also be a result of sleeping on your face too much, and/or rubbing your eyes when you sleep. Try to sleep on your back or on your side but making sure you're not placing too much weight on your eyes. This will also help prevent thinning of the skin, thus wrinkles.
4. Its important to moisturize the under eye area since the skin is more fragile there then anywhere else on our face.
5. As for darker colored skin around the eye, I recommend avoiding any whitening treatments and just stick to good old concealer & highlighter! Don't be embarrassed and don't feel the need to always conceal them.
6. Eat well and keep hydrated with water! Salty foods and alcohol can really dry you up internally, so try avoiding that as much as you can. Eating healthy will provide you with lots of vitamins and essential nutrients your body needs to keep it looking gorgeous.
Thank you all for your messages, comments, questions and emails! I read every single one of them (and I love you guys!!) but can only reply to a few, so this will be a good way of answering questions I get asked a lot and share them with everyone :)
Keep your questions coming!